Saturday, April 25, 2009

Best EVER Fruit Pizza


I just made the BEST (not kidding, folks) fruit pizza EVER.

To be fair, it is actually titled "White Chocolate Fruit Tart" by Taste of Home - the world's leading food media publishing magazines, recipe collections and cookbooks. I found this particular recipe at http://www.allrecipes.com/ which is my absolute "go-to" favorite site when searching for new recipes (which is ALL the time! I love trying new things - and, thank God, so does my family - even the little ones). If you've not been to this site - you must! I dare you!!! (They're not even paying me to say this - I should look into that! teehee) I particularly like their ingredient search engine. We buy a 1/2 cow and stick it in our freezer. When I pull out a chuck roast, I think, "Hmmm - what to do with this?" Then, I go right to allrecipes - type "chuck roast" into the ingredient search - and voila' - I've got all sorts of choices AND they are rated by those who've already tried them (love that, too!).

Anyway - back to the pizza/tart. Yum-O! Click on the link http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=white%20chocolate%20fruit%20tart
for the recipe BUT make one itty bitty alteration. Are you ready? Here it is - to the filling, add 1/2 tsp. almond extract! MMM - MMM -MMM. I imagine the tart is delish without (it did recieve 5 out of 5 stars after 101 reviews) - but I think the almond drives it into the sublime (5+ stars!).

I test-drove this at SAMmy's on Thursday night - and my hubby is feeding the guys at work today with tart #2 (I'll gather feedback this evening!).

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog. I use allrecipes dot com quite a bit, too. :) Love this time of year when fruit is in season and eating fresh is easier-and cheaper. Thanks for sharing. This looks soooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ***I can finally comment on this.***
    :)
    I was fortunate to eat a piece of one of the fruit pizza's that Kris Ann made at a SAMmy's one evening and it was the BEST THING I'VE EVER HAD...and yes, the almond extract just tops this off as completely amazing. I need to remember to write this down one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails