Today is 5 Questions Friday! I have NEVER tried this before - but there is a first time for everything - and what better time to try a First, but on the First Day of the New Year!!! To link up with your own Answers to 5 Question Fridays, visit Mama M. over at My Little Life!
Now - without further ado ...
5 Questions for the New Year!!
1. If you could bring one character to life from your favorite book, who would it be?
- Anne Shirley from Green Gables! I just think she is marvelous and can so relate to all the innocent mischief that she gets herself into - would love to live right next door to her!
- My first kiss was in Alexandria, MN at a little fairytale park (there were cutouts all over the park grounds of characters like Goldilocks, the Three Little Pigs or Mary - who had a little lamb, etc.) in the dark on a bridge. I was on a date with a boy that I didn't even particularly like (but no one had asked me out before, so I thought it would be foolish to turn him down - that was my first mistake, and a sign of my truly foolish nature.) We had gone to a movie (the hooker fairytale, Pretty Woman) and now we had paused on this sweet little bridge. He stopped in the center - and because I didn't know what else to do, I stopped to. He turned his Cool Waters drenched neck to the side and spit a wad of Hubba Bubba into the fairytale stream. Then, he turned back to me and plunged his bubble gum flavored tongue down my throat. Let's just say that this was NOT fairytale-like at all! (I now refer to him as The Human Ear Swab since he moved from plunging my throat to licking the entire interior of my ear - ewwww!)
- My hubby and I took our 2 boys (ages 8 and 5) to a Prime Rib and Crab Leg buffet - they LOVED it! Then, we stopped at Wal-Mart (I KNOW! But, we've precious few other options in our neck of the woods!) and picked up little confetti poppers, New Year's beverages, and razors (I was out - and hairy! It was necessary!). Then, we went home where I showered and shaved before assembling new stools from Ikea with Xander (age 5) while listening to MTV's New Year's Countdown with hubby (Jay) and Tobey (age 8) who were playing board games. Moments before the New Year finally showed up, Jay was on the computer, Tobey was barely awake on the couch (had to shake him at 11:55) and Xander was watching Wow, Wow Wubbzy in the master bedroom. At the stroke of midnight, we all piled on the sofa, shouted "Happy New Year", and kissed (well, actually Tobey refused the kiss ... but the rest of us participated). Then, we all rolled into bed ... and slept.
- Wow! I've no idea how to choose! Ummmmmm ... I like Eleanor Rigby, Yesterday, Let it Be ... I'll stop there ... I could go on and on for a while ...
- Well, I'm not really sure HOW they're rated, so not sure how to respond to this one ... I am no longer a donut fan - primarily because I am way too aware how very bad they are for me!!! However, I used to hope and pray that I'd find a quarter (the cost of a donut) in my pocket whenever I visited the local bakery as a child. Later, discovered Krispy Kreme (before you could buy them at the gas station) and thought they were truly heaven-sent.