Saturday, November 28, 2009

To the King's Kids















I am not always moved to share mass emails, but I really like the one that follows, written as though from Jesus, the King himself. 


Though I am deeply disappointed that folks, retailers in particular, would find it worth their effort to remove the word "Christmas" from their marketing (and in fact, I shake my head sorrowfully when I fail to find that very word in the marketing materials that I receive en masse at this time of year), I do believe that we can easily be driven to distraction, as Christians, to focus on what OTHERS are doing (or not doing) and saying (or not saying) this time of year, rather on what we are called to as kids of the King.


So, enjoy this letter that follows - which I did not compose (but to which, I confess - I did make some minor edits - couldn't help myself!), and be reminded of your true calling in Christ, this season and in all seasons.


Blessings,







Hello my dear children --



It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season.


How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. It is not of high importance to Me what you call the day on which you celebrate My birth, just get along and love one another.


Now, having said that let Me go on.

If the town in which you live does not permit scenes depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santas and snowmen and install a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all My followers did this, there would be no need for such a scene in the town square; the scene would appear over and over all over town.


Stop worrying about the people calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you wish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching, explaining who I am in relation to you and what each of our tasks were. If you have forgotten that one, look up John 15: 1 - 8.


And, if you'd like to give Me a gift, here is my wish list.






1. Instead of pouring your time and energy into writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is celebrated by other folks, write letters of love and hope.  If you don't know who to write to, try soldiers away from home. They are often terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know; they tell Me all the time.






2. Visit folks in nursing homes. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares enough to stop by.






3. Instead of writing the President complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell him that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up ... confirming that you've been doing as promised.






4. Instead of giving your children lots of gifts you can't afford ... and/or they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them about My birth, and why I came to live with you in the world. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them - even more (if you can imagine) than you do.






5. Consider someone who hurt you ... and forgive him or her.






6.  Sadly, someone in your town will likely attempt to take their own life this season because they feel unbearably alone and hopeless.  You don't know who this is, but try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it may make a greater difference than you'll ever know.






7. Instead of obsessing over what the retailers in town are calling the holiday, be patient with the people who work for them. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas"; there is no reason why you shouldn't with them one. And maybe you could stop shopping ton Sunday. If stores didn't make so much money on that day, they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families






8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary --  one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never even heard My name.






9. Oh, and here's a good one. There are individuals (and even whole families) in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but will have neither presents to give nor to receive. If you don't know anyone like this, purchase food and gifts and give them to the Salvation Army - or some other charity which believes in Me - and they will make the delivery for you.






10. Finally, if you want to make a real statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then ACT like you believe in me! Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine.






Don't forget; I am God.  I can take care of Myself. Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest. Review the list above and get to work (you can surely pick at least one); time is short.

Have a most blessed Christmas!


I love you,


JESUS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails